Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Wedding Cake Madness

So where was I...November? Whoops.

I've been busy busy the past few weeks getting ready for yet another wedding. I was put half-in charge of the wedding cake. The lovely bride, my new SIL, had seen a cute as cupcake on Pinterest (I'm sure many of you have seen it before - the pink frosted cupcake with lace and 'i do' flag). So my other SIL and I got to work recreating 144 of them. Yep...144.
The vanilla cupcake recipe is the same as that vanilla latte cake I made a few weeks ago from Sweetapolita. The mix made just over 40 cupcakes.
30 little 'i dos'
The finished cake! Gubby frosted all of the cakes - don't they look amazing? I made the little bunting on top as well by stamping and embossing letters in bronze on each little cardstock flag and tying to kebab sticks with gold twine.
The lace is stuck onto the cupcake wrappers with edible sugar flower glue...well most of them are. I ran out with about 30 cupcakes to go and just used royal icing for the rest.
The gorgeous newlyweds and their cake. Congrats you two kids!
For bubba's outfit I made a cute bow-tie. I used this tutorial by A Lemon Squeezy Home. In the end, it was a tad too puffy and oversized for a bub. I'll make the next one smaller, although I think it kind of matched his head size...
My little pudding is 5 months old now!
I've started playing around with royal icing on cookies...not too bad.
I finished up a pair of cute booties using a gorgeous bamboo yarn. It's so soft!
And then all of a sudden Christmas is upon us - when the heck did that happen? Far out this year has zipped by. My tree this year is read and bronze. I always seem to underestimate the size of my tree hehe. I didn't really have my heart in the decorating this weekend...I think after a week at work really took it out of me.

1 comment:

  1. what a gorgeous post! look at the amazing work you've done on the wedding cake!!! it's awesome! you should be very proud ... and LOVE your little pudding !!! certainly looks like he's into milk ... x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, ideas, random ramblings...go for it!