Images from Asos
When it comes to the big day it’s best to keep your outfit as simple as possible and opt for seasonal colours. In summer pastel shades are the perfect choice, if you want to go for patterned dresses choose a floral design or a dress with a subtle feature such as a detailed collar. In the winter season opt for darker shades such as red or purple. A wedding is a happy occasion so reflect that through your outfit. Keep accessories to a minimum; add a simple bracelet or necklace that compliments the outfit rather than a statement accessory. Don’t overdo your makeup especially when it comes to your eyeliner and eye shadow; remember to keep your look subtle.
- Opt for a subtle look on the day Keep heels low, a simple court shoe or wedge is a perfect choice
- Take note of your dress length, the shortest length should be just above the knee
- Check the invitation for the dress code
- Do incorporate appropriate fashion trends such as the peplum look
- Don’t wear white or anything that could be mistaken for a wedding dress
- Don’t wear black, traditionally this is another no go colour as it represents mourning
- Don’t dress as though you are going on a night out, even if you do plan to party into the early hours
- Stay away from tiara accessories, this includes tiara like accessories like over embellished headwear and jewelled hair accessories.
- Don’t opt for the prom dress trend, prom dresses are like a pre-wedding for teens
- Don’t turn up in casual attire, this comes across like you don’t want to be part of the bride and grooms special day
by Olan on behalf of ASOS