Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

A crafty Christmas and BIG NEWS

Hey there! How was your Christmas? Well, the Norris clan decided this year was about the kids. There are so many of them now and it's only going to get worse (I assume). And boy were they spoiled!
Henry's haul - and this is just from my side of the family!

Little Button turned 6 months - how the hell did that happen? He's such a happy little boy allll the tiiiime! And he's started sleeping through the night without waking - this is one happy mummy.

Now for this month's craft - I had such a huge list of things to get done for Christmas, but as usual I overestimated how much I could get done. Please tell me I'm not the only one that does that.
A double layer christmas apron - this was so much fun to make. I made the bias binding myself and learnt to ruffle using my machine.
I've had this project half done for ages cos I got stuck on the horns, but it was so worth it. Now to make one for Daddy (at his request of course). I bought the pattern from this shop on Etsy.
My crafty SIL Gubby gave me this idea (and let me borrow her punchie and the bags from Pack It In). They all went to the awesome peeps at work.
My first real quilting project - a stocking for Button's first Christmas! Not bad huh :) The pattern is from Thimble Blossoms. I did have plans to make stockings for hubby and I too, but this one took me aaaaages. The fabric is from the Sew Stitchy line.

My first go at the famous Big Butt Baby Pants by Made By Rae with the cuuuutest christmas fabric ever. I had a bit of trouble with the puckering issue on the butt, but my next attempt was much neater:

Now...for the BIG NEWS!!!!! So for all of you mummies of little boys, have you noticed the distinct lack of cute boy stuff at markets? Well I have and it's kind of annoying. And so I've decided to open a new shop called Bebe Bouton - cos boy stuff is cute too!
Crochet clip-on bow ties - great for newborn photoshoots.
Double bow ties in three sizes for newborns, 6mo-2yrs and big boys. These will have adjustable straps.
I love my pacifier clips - no more lost dummies and they're easy to find when you're reaching to plug bubba in in the car hehe. The ones I've made before have used velcro, but I really like the ribbon. The velcro gets old pretty quickly.

I have more plans, but this is what I've made so far. I'll also be making loads of big butt baby pants and shorts in fun designs with pockets etc.

So, what do you think? I haven't officially opened the store on Etsy yet and I will probably only list the bow ties and pants on there as I'd like to focus more on doing markets. So stay tuned on facebook :)

1 comment:

  1. It’s great to see good information being shared and also to see fresh, creative ideas that have never been done before.
    epoxy coatings
    glue removal

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, ideas, random ramblings...go for it!