Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

{Tutorial} Sugar Hand Scrub

With a new bub in the house and it being a dry cold winter, my skin has really suffered, especially my hands. I think I wash my hands about 15 times a day at the moment, with nappy changes and cooking and putting the bins out etc etc. So it's time to liven them up again with a good ole sugar scrub.

Handmade Sugar Hand Scrub

Ingredients:
3 cups of sugar (don't use caster sugar - we want it to be nice and course)
1 cup of olive oil (tip: don't use extra virgin as it's pretty smelly)
5 Tbs Lemon juice
Your favourite essential oil

Combine sugar, oil, lemon juice and about 5 drops of your favourite essential oil. I used one with a citrus scent so that it tied in with the lemon juice. Mix until it's a nice solid paste. If you can still smell the oil, add a little more oil.

Now, scoop it into some sealable jars. This mix made enough to fill 3 small glass jars (one for me...and a couple of gifts ready to go).


To use: On clean hands, rub one small scoop all over your hands for about 1-2 minutes. Wash gently with a non-drying soap. Pat your hands dry on a clean towel and apply your favourite hand cream generously.

How do they feel? Gorgeous, huh. My hands haven't felt this soft in months and all with ingredients I already had in the cupboard.

Now to add some colour to my nails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, ideas, random ramblings...go for it!